Monday, November 16, 2009

Midweek Music: Metric

Wednesday, Nov. 18: Metric @ The Webster, Hartford


That's right folks, get ready to convert those lbs. into kgs. Ha ha, just kidding, not going there... I've read Metric's poorly written, incredibly convoluted biography over at what may or may not be their official site, and I can't make heads or tails of it, I think it was supposed to sound artistic. But I like what I hear from them - reminds me of a female fronted Interpol, with that cool, indie rock detachment. Metric will play Hartford along with Band of Skulls - what a terrible name, maybe it makes more sense in their native English! Name aside, Band of Skulls are apparently shaking things up on the New Moon soundtrack, so yay them. We need to count our blessings when Hartford is bestowed with such hipness: One, two!

No comments:

Post a Comment