Sunday, April 24, 2011

Celebrity Sighting at Whole Foods!

Today I made a quick run into Whole Foods, and noticed an adorably faggy punk boy who stuck out like a sore thumb. Naturally, I stared. He walked over to his friend, who I immediately recognized as gay punk icon Hunx of Gravy Train and Hunx and his Punx!














Gravy Train's shows were some of the funnest I've ever been to, and I can't get enough of the youtube music videos for Hunx's new band- come on, he's adorable! Well, I wasn't going to let this be like the time I saw my idol John Waters and just stood there gawking, so I went over to say hi and make some awkward conversation. I found out that he was was on his way from New York to Boston to play a show, and he and "Hunx Jr", as he introduced his friend, were stopping off for some snacks. Right here in West Hartford, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary used to give me candy and gum before they moved on (after becoming famous) when I was a child....also chased Mick Jagger for over 1/2 mile with my girlfriends in 1965 when we were 13....and Susan and I had a nice conversation with Peter Sellers one time in bookstore...and of course you know I interviewed Frank McCourt for 4 hours 18 months before he died....

    ReplyDelete