Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back to the Juicer

For those of you who have been with us since the beginning, this will be a bit of a de ja post, as you will have already read my original post (one of our very first posts!) on juicing (and hopefully started your own habit at home). Well, I've been out of the habit for a while, since my old vintage Oster seemed to be on it's last legs, vibrating out of control before I could even get through juicing. And it was a pain in the ass in other ways - had to chop the produce up pretty small to fit and order disposable filters online for proper use. So what a thrill that Mommy Scenic bought me the famous Jack LaLanne Power Juicer. I would have liked to have sprung for the stainless steel upgrade, but frankly, I can't really be springing for anything these days, so at $99 to Mommy and free to me, the price on this plastic model is right. The breakdown and cleanup on this juicer isn't any quicker or simpler than my old one. C'est la vie.


I'm still using the same old formula for juice: couple of carrots, couple of celery sticks, one apple, chunk of ginger, lemon/lime and red beet.


Only now I don't have to do so much annoying chopping and slow feeding to get my delicious, nutritious end product.


I keep meaning to try some different formulas and experiment with juice + alcohol. Will keep you posted. POSTED! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment